Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Heart's Prayer

Alright, so with this post I'm trying something new.  Read the following, and answer the questions in the comment box below- then, everyone that reads this, please, copy the URL address, and post it either on your facebook wall, or send it to someone through an email.  Then, after you've posted a comment and sent this message to someone else, then write down your thoughts about the following scriptures. But please don't just write your comments on here... take time to write them in a journal, or on a separate piece of paper.  Write down the things that you feel, the frustrations you've had in life.  I know the scriptures are the answer to most of our prayers, and when we take the time to write our thoughts down about the scriptures, and sincerely study them out, then we will find comfort and peace and more love than we were originally looking for.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on prayer.. I know it has helped me so much through great times of trial.

Romans 8:18
"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

First question to answer-  What does this scripture mean to you?  How can it help us in times of trial? 

Romans 8:24-25
"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not ought: but the spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

How can having hope help us overcome life's obstacles?  How can the spirit help us in "our infirmities"?  How can it help us to know what to pray for?

Then finally, verse 31:
"What shall we then say to these things?  If God be for us, who can be against us?"

How does this give you courage and strength?  Has there been a time in your life that you felt the world was against you, but God was there to carry you through your trials?

I know Jesus Christ is our savior.  I know these comforting scriptures were written for us during times of hardship so that we can see how having faith and hope in something we cannot see helps us fight the darkness in our lives.  I know that the Lord is always on our side-no matter who we are, where we are, or how deep the water is in which we swim.  He will always be there to guide us back safely into his loving arms.  I know that when we pray, we are encirled about by the Lord's angels. 

So please, if life has you down, pray.  If the world is confusing and things seem unfair, pour your whole souls out to the Lord.  He is ready to hear you, and ready to lift your weary heart.
God bless...

3 comments:

  1. I, too believe the Lord is ready to comfort us through prayer in our times of need. We certainly must do all we can to be the hands of the Lord in answering other peoples prayers as well. I really like the saying "Pray like it all depends on the Lord then work like it all depends on you". I know that the Lord answers our prayers sometimes directly but often through our fellow man. When I was in my residency, I remember we had some significant medical issues in family members that made me rethink my choice to continue in the medical field for fear I would be unable to care adequately for my family due to the time constraints inherent in this profession. I spent many hours in prayer and through feelings I got through this process and stong spontaneous encouragement from friends who had no clue of the situation we were in at the time, I recieved answer to prayer and comfort that positively affected my life and gave me a wonderful opportunity to perhaps be the answer to someone elses prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some times the easiest commandments are the hardest to obey. at times we might feel that praying is too simple, or too easy. but thats exactly right! heavenly father allows us to communicate with him as long as we have enough faith that he will answer our prayers. ive seen in my own life that heavenly father doesnt answer my prayers exactly the way i think they would be answered, or the right time they would be answered. but he does answer my prayers. and sometimes not exactly the way i want them to go. but i know as long as i keep praying to my heavenly father each and every day, my relationship and faith in him grows stronger and stronger. im so thankful for my heavenly father for the gift of prayer:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!! Praying is SOOO difficult! Even as a missionary, I forget to pray, or I don't pray as much as I should. Even though I know that it's what's expected of me, it just seems to slip by ALOT more than it should!!

    ReplyDelete