Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Come into the Fold of God

A friend of mine has been reading the Book of Mormon.  When I asked him what his favorite story was, he told me how much he enjoyed reading in Mosiah 18.  In this Chapter, Alma, a former wicked priest of King Noah, preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ in secret, and baptizes many believers.
I've always loved Alma for his willingness to change, or repent, and come closer to Christ.  In doing so, he has brought thousands to a knowledge of Christ.  He has always been a wonderful example to me of true repentance. 

He abandoned all he knew, safety, home, friends, ect.  Instead of remaining content with his lifestyle, he was willing to forsake what he had and follow Heavenly Father. 

I am grateful for all of the examples in my life.  I am grateful that they are willing to leave what they are comfortable with to further their faith, and to also further the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment