Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today's Blog Post is Brought to You by the Number 2.

This morning when I was on my walk with Sister Franson, we passsed by a dumpster.  On the side of a dumpster was a balloon, filled with helium, shaped as the number "2".  We cut the balloon loose from some of the other plain, deflated balloons, and carried it with us as we continued our walk.  I'm sure it was a site to see...  Two Sister Missionaries, awkward as can be, carrying an inflated "2" balloon.  As we walked up the hill we ran into the Spanish Elders playing Tennis for their morning workout.  We decided that our odd balloon was a perfect gift for them.  As I was tying the balloon to the tennis court fence, the Elders jusst chuckled. 

Later, I started thinking about the number two.  Other than it being a comic happen-stance for the morning, it was also a reminder that "In the mouth of two or three awitnesses shall every word be established." (2 Cor. 13:1)

Missionaries teach the gospel in a companionship of two or three.  Likewise, the word of the Lord has been established through 2 witnesses; the Bible, and the Book of Mormon.

As I've thought about this today, I've remembered how important my calling is to help others come closer to Christ.  I need to work at being an example every day.  I need to work on my teaching skills, and my ability to love unconditionally so that I can be a witness for my Savior.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Love your blogs; they always remind me of things I should be doing for the Kingdom that I am not always doing. I am soon to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints :). So excited about baptism in a few weeks. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete