Monday, October 31, 2011

The Tennessean

Lets first start off with a joke.



Okay, so it's a little lame.  But I hope it brought a smile to your face!


Last week, Sister Jensen and I had the opportunity to meet with Bob Smietana, The Religion Reporter for the Tennessean.  It was a great opportunity for us to bear our testimonies of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! 

I felt blessed that we were able to meet with Bob.  As he talked with us, J and I felt the spirit strongly testify to us that what we were out here doing was right, and that the gospel was true. 

Bob asked us about our families.  He wanted to know how the Gospel has blessed my family at home.  In my head I thought, "How has it not blessed my family!"  My parents are so great.  As I spoke with Bob, I kept thinking about how grateful I was to have the family I have.  They have been wonderful examples to me of love and patience.  I am so grateful for their attitudes about the gospel.  My family has a lot of faith.  I'm so grateful for their support out here in the jungles of Nashville!

Bob also inquired about our favorite scripture.  Immediately I thought of 3 Nephi 22:7-8.  I love this scripture.  To hear why, watch this video

Every day we have opportunities at our feet to share the gospel.  Go out today and share your faith!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! You come up with such clever illustrations. Picnik doesn't know what hit it!
    What a cool opportunity that article was!

    ReplyDelete