Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Dark Lake

So, I have six younger brothers.  They are great!  They are younger, but much bigger than I am.  
The oldest is named Mason. 
Mason stands about 6'3" or 6'4".  He tends to grow a nasty beardy-mustache thing on his face during the months of November and December.   
He is a triathlon maniac, and school addict. 
Bottom line:  he is pretty awesome.
______________________________________________________

Last night I had a dream about Mason.  As you can tell from the title it wasn't the most pleasant of dreams. 

___________________________________________________________

It all started when I was eating dinner at a members home.  My sister was my companion.  We were eating pumpkin pie (delicious stuff btw) and chatting.  But I didn't feel like talking.  Just then, the phone rang.  My mom was on the other line.  She told us that Mason was missing.  She explained that he had gone out with some friends to a lake.  They saw his phone fall into the lake off of the dock, but my brother was no where to be found. 

I panicked. 

The police would not help.  My dad, mom, brother Daniel and I prayed about what to do.  The answer came to search for his phone.  We raced out to the lake.

My dad put on some scuba gear and dove in to try to find the cell phone.  Some how we knew that Mason was safe.  We knew that if we could just find his cell phone, that we would get the answers.  It didn't make sense, but that's what we knew we needed to do. 

Daniel couldn't handle just waiting for Dad to search, so he jumped in the cold dark water and searched as well.  My mom put a flashlight into the water, and there I saw it!  His phone! 

I stuck my hand in the water, and pulled it out.  There was talking on the other line... It was Mason!  He sounded scared and alone.  We all cried.  He told us where he was stuck.  We ran to his rescue and hugged him tightly. 

___________________________________________________

The last time I really got to hug my little but bigger brother Mason, was sometime in January.  I miss him a lot.  I found these pictures on my camera when we said goodbye.  I'm grateful that I have him in my life.  He makes me want to learn.  He is very patient.  I know that one day he's going to make an amazing Dad.  He's so great with little kids, and he loves his family more than anything.  Though that dream made me so scared and sad, I'm still grateful for it. 
Mace Face, if you read this, I love you and I miss you! 

Whether it be figurative or literal...

don't get lost in the dark lake!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment