Friday, December 2, 2011

Day #2: Music

Merry December!

I'm currently enjoying a beautiful day in Nashville.  It's probably around 45-50 degrees Farenheit outside.  I've never experienced a December this warm!  Usually I am bundled up, sipping hot chocolate with my dog sitting on my feet next to the fireplace.  Ah... home sweet home.  But, this year, I'm focusing on helping other people come closer to their Savior, Jesus Christ-closer to their Heavenly Home. 

One of my favorite ways to help others develop faith in Christ is through music.

When I was 3 years old, I began to learn the art of the violin!  I still love to play.  Every Christmas, my violin teacher held a big Christmas Concert at a local Baptist Church.  It was a lot of work.  We practiced for months and months.  When I was first starting to learn, I could only play a couple of songs in the violin concert.  My teacher, Ramona, would give us bells and have us shake the bells during the songs we couldn't play.  I remember wanting to play all of the songs like the "big kids". 

Last Christmas, I attended the same annual Christmas concert.  That year, one of my younger brothers, Noah was playing.  As I watched the youngest musicians come up on stage to play their pieces, I was reminded of the proud feelings I had felt as a young 4 & 5 year old, playing my own violin. 

After a couple of songs, they put their instruments down and were given bells to play.  Two of the girls began to whisper back and forth to each other. Here are a couple of quick candids I took:


Just as it takes practice, effort, and years of learning and overcoming musical obstacles so that we may play in the grand finale of the concert, a testimony progresses in a similar way.  When we learn about Jesus Christ, we have a desire to know him-not just know about him.  As we seek to find him, and seek to understand his doctrine, we will be able to know exactly who the Messiah, Jesus Christ is.  When obstacles stand in our way, we will see the world as the Savior sees it.  We will have the courage and strength of a growing testimony to overcome life's difficult challenges.

When we reach our eternal Grande Finale, or Final Judgement, we will be prepared to meet God.  We will be prepared to see our Savior, Jesus Christ in all His Glory! 

Take time this Christmas season to learn more about the Savior.  Pray to know him.  God will always answer the prayers of the willing heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment