Thursday, January 26, 2012

#6: Called to Serve a King

God loves me because He trusts me to preach His gospel. 

In September of 2010 I received a large envelop in the mail. 

With a pounding heart and shaking hands, my dad and I ripped the envelope apart!  We both skimmed the lines on the paper as I shouted, "Dad!  Where am I going? Where am I going?"

Just then, his finger slammed down on the page and he said, "Tennessee!  You're going to Tennessee!"

And so it was.  I had received my mission call.  Serving a mission has been one of the greatest blessings of my life.  I am a witness of God's miracles.  I can testify that He loves each of us.  The task of teaching the gospel, knocking on doors, moving around every 6-18 weeks can be hard and exhausting.  Yet somehow, I am always given the strength to keep going.  Why?  Because God loves me.  He has called me as an authorized representative of Jesus Christ, to bear His name, and share the Book of  Mormon, another testament of His Son, with the people of the Nashville.

To learn more about missionary work, Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment