Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Ability to Act

Each of us has been given the divine ability to act: to choose how we will think, what we will do, and what we will learn from each situation. 

This is HUGE! 
(so big, I used the biggest font size that blogger would allow me to use, and I also pressed the bold key)

Every day we have to make choices.  Every day people around us make choices.  Life is not about the choices we have in front of us, it's about what we do with those choices. 

Do we idly sit by and just let the world revolve? 
Or do we take an active part in our Heavenly Father's personal plan and move forward with Him in mind?

Our Father tells us in modern revelation,
"It is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward."

We should not sit by and wait for the answers to come to us.  We do not learn anything, and we do not receive the reward that Heavenly Father wants to bless us with.  But if we move forward and do our very best to follow His divine commandments, we will receive His blessings and have a greater understanding of His eternal nature and infinite love.  He counsels us,
"Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness; For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward."

There have been many times in my life, particularly on my mission that I just wait for the Lord to tell me what to do.  In my personal experience, he often tells me to stop waiting and get to work!  I know that Heavenly Father loves us, and because he loves us, He has trusted us to be agents of our own bodies.  It is up to us to decide how to act in each situation.  It is up to us to determine what and who we will be.  The Lord will guide us as we counsel with Him and continue to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment