Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Little Birdie Told Me

The last couple of weeks I have been oddly motivated to get up early.  EARLY.  Like before 6:30 early.

Totally not the norm.


Photo by Rhonda in Tennessee
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucyfan/sets/72157626261602007/

I've been stressed with so many other things lately, that I felt my body needing something to dim that stress and relieve some of the sad and hurt feelings I have tried to cope with. 
So I've turned to exercise.

All those healthy endorphines are definitely calming my mind, and the cardio is slowly healing my back.

But that's not what I love most about these fairly quiet mornings.
On these early mornings when I've gone outside, there is a clump of red cardinals perched in the tree outside our apartment.  Every morning I hear them softly chirp "Pretty!  Pretty!  Pretty!"

Each morning it lifts my spirit a little bit more to be called "pretty" by a bird who is very beautiful himself!  It's was a reminder to me that God knew that I was struggling, so He created a little bird to remind me how beautiful my soul is-that I am a precious daughter of God.

Last week, when the stress became overwhelming, I went into the bathroom and stared in the mirror.  I said to myself, "You are pretty inside and out.  How do I know that?  Because a little birdie told me."





No comments:

Post a Comment