Tuesday, February 14, 2012

#14: Valentine's Day


I hope you are all feeling loved today!

God loves me for many reasons. Today the reason He loves me is because He blessed us with a holiday to celebrate the love we have for each other.

This is a special holiday for me, because my last name is Valentine.
I use to loathe Valentine's Day.  Not because I didn't have a sweet heart or anything.  But I hated because of my name.  My first name is Joy-and my last name is Valentine.  I use to think, "Why?  WHY? Why would my parents torture me with a name like happy?" 
Every year I was teased, "Joy Valentine's Day!  Joy Valentine's Day!"  So not cool...

But over the years, I realized what a blessing it was to have the first and last name that I have.  My name has become a constant reminder to be happy and to love those around me.
Now, I love my name, and try to live up to it.  I take great pride and honor in being a Valentine.  And today is our day!  I hope my family knows that I am thinking of them on this Valentine's Day-especially my Grandpa and Grandma Valentine.  I'm proud to be their granddaughter. 

Switching gears--today I studied about love.  Fitting, isn't it? I found some incredible scriptures about love that I wanted to share with you, my friends-Because I love you!










Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment