Saturday, March 26, 2011

Heavenly Sisters

Growing up I have always wanted to be just like my sister.  I have always desired to wander wherever her footsteps led.  She is a valiant member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  She is an example to all that meet her, and has a big heart to encompass others with her love.
It took me a long time to realize that I didn't have to follow in her footsteps in order to be happy.  I realized what would make me happiest is to pray to my Heavenly Father, and see what he would want me to do with my life.
My Sister, Katie and I at her College Graduation
Things took a direct change as soon as I did that.  I found myself blessed with wonderful job opportunities, a meaningful education, and a loving group of new friends.  I also found that I had a desire to serve a full time LDS mission.  Though it was a terrifying thought, it was also a new adventure, and a sure way to strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father.
He has given me so much in life, and I am so blessed to be able to serve Him for all he has done for me and my family.  I know he will watch over them carefully, as I make my mission my number one priority.
I am grateful to have a sister who was such a wonderful example to me.  I know that without her, I would not be the same person I am now.  I know the Lord blessed me with an older sister-one as loving as Katie, because he knew how much I would need her influence in my life.
Families can grow closer together when they turn to the gospel.  I know this is the case between my sister and I.  I will forever be grateful for  her love, and for her sweet heavenly spirit.  I'm so glad we will be eternal sisters-- FOREVER!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment