Friday, May 6, 2011

Emma Bean

Alright folks, it's that special time of year again--MOTHERS DAY!  This year I'm celebrating it a little differently.  I'm approximately 1,300 miles away from my mom this year, on this grand adventure of a mission.  I love being a missionary-but I sure do miss my mom. 

My mom's name is Julie.  She's a superhero.  She deserves every motherly award out there!  A little background on her... She is a nursing professor and a private college, as well as a forensic nurse.  She has raised 8 children in the gospel, and had a beautiful and successful marriage to my sweet Father.  My mother is a very gorgeous little lass, and I am grateful to have her genes! 

One of my favorite memories of my Mom is when she would read me a book called Emma Bean.  She use to sit on the edge of my bed and read that book to my sister and I.  It was a favorite of mine.  The book starts out, "There once was a bunny named Emma Bean, and she had a girl named Molly."  Molly loves Emma Bean.  She takes her everywhere she goes.  They play games, and Molly tells Emma Bean her deepest secrets.  The two have been inseperable since Molly's birth-but as Molly gets older, she begins to leave Emma Bean at home.  Emma Bean patiently waits for Molly's return, however, knowing that she will always come back to Emma Bean.

Right now this story reminds me of my Mom.  She's kind of like my Emma Bean, and I'm kind of like her Molly.  I know she's my mother-but she's also my dear friend.  She and I play goofy games together, and I can tell my mom ALL of my secrets.  My mom knows I will come back to her-and while I'm on life's great adventures, she just waits patiently, supporting me through all of my endeavors.  She knows I will one day come back to her and tell her all of my secrets. 

I miss my friend-my sweet sweet mother.  The first thing I will do when I see her, is ask her to read Emma Bean together.  Though its reverting back to my childhood-it is one of my most treasured memories of her. 
Mom I want you to know how much I love you.  I have so many memories with you-and I am so grateful that they are all happy ones.  My heart is so warm just thinking about your sweet smile, and your tender heart.  You are my mother, and I'm so grateful that my Heavenly Father sent me to you!

There once was a Mom named Julie, and she had a little girl named Joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment