Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Strength in the Dark


As I watched this, I thought about what a trial this young man had gone through.  I thought about his soft heart-how it must have broken.  Then I thought of Heavenly Father.  Though our hearts break when someone close to us passes away, our Father loves us enought to have prepared a way for us to see them again.  He also heals us in our weaknesses, and through His Son, Jesus Christ, we receive comfort.  "That he may succor his people according to their infirmities" (Alma 7:12).

Jesus Christ suffered all that we would have to suffer and endure in this life.  He did it so that he could send us help with we are in need.  Sometimes, just as Darren has wondered in this video, I've wondered if Heavenly Father really knows me.  But as soon as I question, a warm feeling rushes over me and I know that I am loved.  I know that my Father in Heaven strengthens me and pulls me into his arms.  His guidance is what I need to get me through every day, and His love is what leads me on.

I am so grateful for the knowledge the gospel brings.  I don't know why I am posting this video... it is very sad, but I am grateful for the youth of the church.  I am grateful for their examples of Christ-like love and patience.  I am grateful that they can be a beacon of light when so many of us struggle in this world.  Death is so dark-but I know that our Savior has gained victory over the grave.  I love Him for Redeeming us and allowing us to be together with our friends and family after we have passed on.

Right now, I feel warm.  I know God knows me, and I know he loves me.  I feel his warmth and his spirit.  I'm so grateful, and I'm just so happy.  I'm so happy that I don't have to be afraid of bad or scary things, because, like a child runs to his fathers arms when they're afraid or hurt, we can run to our Heavenly Fathers open arms.

1 comment:

  1. So true! I loved the video, it made me cry, or at least brought tears to my eyes. love it!

    ReplyDelete