Saturday, May 21, 2011

Grateful for God's Plan

Yesterday, while working on facebook, my dad's status popped up on my home page.  Posted was the following:

"Funeral: I was called upon to conduct the funeral Wednesday for [Sister], a member of our ward. I started crying as the casket was to be closed. We will miss her. I sat next to Elder BK Packer who was the main speaker. It was an honor he would take time to come and speak."

My heart sank... I have known this sweet sister for a long time.  She is an incredible example of virtue, patience, charity, and diligence.  She truly is a woman who endured to the end.  She has served many missions with her husband, and has always been one to search for a higher education.  She loved to learn.

I am going to miss this sister.  I have so much respect and love for her.  I am grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation-because I know that she is sealed to her family through the ordinances of the Temple, and that the bond will last throughout all eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment