Saturday, June 25, 2011

Grantchula!

15 years ago today, I walked into a hospital room with my 4 other siblings, and we gave our new baby brother, Grant, a nickname:  Grantchula Grass-hop Tree.  Today my family will be celebrating his birthday.  My Brother Grant is turning 15!  I can't believe how old he is getting.  Though he is my younger brother, he has always been such a remarkable example to me.  Grant is the type of kid who will go out of his way to do anything to help anybody. 

I remember a specific time right before I left on my mission, Grant and I were talking in the car, and he said, "I think it's really important that I start to get ready for my mission now."  I was so impressed with him, I had to give him a hug!  Very few 14/15 year old kids even HAVE a mission on their mind.  I was so proud of him for his willingness to serve our Heavenly Father. 


I've watched Grant over the years, and noticed a few specific things about him:
He was blessed with the Christ-like attribute of Charity.  He has the ability to love people from the start.  He has always been a peace-maker in our home, and I've always been able to depend on him with everything-from helping me babysit, to cleaning, cooking, doing the dishes, and even with things like taking care of my sweet puppy, Brooklyn.  Even when I went out with different guys, Grant always voiced his opinion on whether or not he approved.  I noticed that I valued HIS opinion on who I dated more than any one elses-including my parents! 

I'm so grateful to have Grant as my brother.  He's been a light of Christ to me in so many ways.  I'm sad to be missing his 15th and 16th Birthdays, but I can't wait to see the incredible young man he'll be when I get home. 

Happy Birthday Grant, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment