Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One Star

A few months ago I flew on a plane to visit my grandparents in a small beach town in California.  My flight was very early in the morning, and I was groggy.  I was not very excited for the turbulence on the plane because, well, I just don't handle motion very well.
As our plane made its climb into the air, I looked out the window and saw one star in the morning sky.  It was being guarded by the moon over a beautiful morning sunrise.  I quickly took a picture. 
I gazed out the window and thought about that little star.  It looked so important next to the moon, as if the moon was encouraging it to shine just a little bit more.

The world is huge, right?  Sometimes I feel insignificant.  Small.  Menial.  Unimportant. 

Some days I feel like a lost star in the sky who has no real purpose other than to just simply exist.  But then I remember who my Father is.  My Heavenly Father sent me to this earth to be that little light in the sky.  Though I may not always feel important, I am to God.  Though I may feel insignificant in the grand scheme of the world-to him I am everything.  If I was the only star in the heavens, I know that he would do all that I needed-just to help one small child.

I love my Heavenly Father for giving me his guiding light to follow. 


3 comments:

  1. LOVED this post. Seriously. B-e-a-utiful! The picture is also GORGEOUS! Way to go Joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly FAther won't. For he sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming. The Gospel of Jesus Christ of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the Earth and refines us into men and women of eternities."
    ---Joseph B. Worthlin

    One of my all-time favorite quotes... sums up your post perfectly! You ARE just one star, but the just as the North Star will always lead us, so as are you bringing souls unto Christ. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that thought! I loved it, and needed it!

    ReplyDelete