Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thy Will Be Done...



Today I woke up tired.  I rolled out of bed onto my knees.  Silently praying, I asked for the strength I would need to fulfill yet another day of missionary work.  As I walked into the bathroom, I stared at myself in the mirror.  Who is this young woman looking back at me?  I truly looked as tired as I felt.  As I stared into my reflection, I wondered what my Heavenly Father thought of me.  I thought, "He knows how difficult it is for me to get up each morning and work throughout the day.  He knows how tired I am."




I thought about why he was asking me to be his servant. 
His missionary.

I quickly got ready.  Ate.  Studied.  And studied some more.  As we got ready to leave the house, it was painful to pull each shoe over my swollen heels.  Another day of walking. 

I thought of the Savior, as He hung on the cross with his feet nailed to a board.  The pain on my feet was lifted.  Later, while out contacting, the pain persisted.  Again, my Savior came to my mind, and I no longer felt sorry for myself.  I know longer felt the pressing pain in my feet.  Truly, Christ died for me that he would "know how to succor [me] according to [my infirmities]." 

I'm no longer tired.  No longer sore.  Heavenly Father loved me enough to ask me to be one of His missionaries.  He loved me enough to send me His Son, so that my pains, and my trials could be relieved.  He loved me enough to strengthen me by asking His Son to perform the ultimate sacrifice:  To do His Will. 

Now the Lord has asked me to perform His will and to be a servant and messenger to bring others the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ in it's fullest.  It is His Will, and just like my Savior performed the Father's will-I will do my best to perform my Father's will and follow his example.

No comments:

Post a Comment