Saturday, October 8, 2011

B is for Bacon


This is my brother, Ian.  On his tenth birthday, I found the ultimate present:  Bacon Bandaids.  They were pretty stellar.  I took this picture, and as I was looking at it, I realized that some days, you wake up feeling like you have bacon on your forehead.  You can smell it.  You can feel it.  You can even see it in the mirror.  But you can't eat it unless you physically peel it off!
Sometimes I know exactly what I want.  I can tell people what I want.  I can feel good about my decision to get it.  Often times it is even within reach.  But if I don't work towards what I want-I will never get it!

As a missionary, I set a lot of goals.  There are a lot of things I want to do.  Here's a mini version of my "wishlist":


I have learned that I have to set small goals.  I have to learn to deal with current trials so that I might be able to accept the bigger ones.  I need to be willing to share my talents and abilities to bless the lives of others.  I must be willing to love the Lord with all my heart.  I must be willing to be patient with my future family.

To eat the bacon, I have to prepare my muscles.  I need to lift my hands and arms.  I must feel the bacon on my forehead.  I have to peel it off.  I have to open my mouth.  I have to put the bacon in my mouth! 

Dear friends--don't wait!  EAT THE BACON!  Set small goals so you can enjoy the eternal blessings of juicy-bacon-goal setting! 

2 comments:

  1. hey bacon head! Thanks for making this list!
    I love the analogy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love accomplishing goals because when it is done, you feel good about it. This is great! Gotta love Canadian Bacon! LOL!

    ReplyDelete