Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Favorite Piece of Plastic

I love teaching.  I am pretty positive that those I teach don't learn nearly as much as I do!  Every time I teach, I'm filled with this warm feeling that just makes me feel beautiful.  It reminds me of my calling-being a disciple of Jesus Christ. 

Every morning before I leave the house, I pick up a small, black, plastic rectangle.  My name is carved in white on the front.  I place it next to my heart and clip it on.  Every time, I stand up a little straighter.  Why?  Because I get to put on a name tag, that bears my name with My Saviors.  Jesus Christ.  He is with me during every moment of every day.

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face.  I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." 

(Doctrine and Covenants 84: 88)

I only get to wear this tag for 10 more months!  And then I'm back to living an ordinary, regular life.  I will still have incredible experiences-and I will do my best to continue to be a missionary.  But there is something so sacred about being set apart as a full time missionary for Heavenly Father.  Some days I feel like a super hero with my name tag.  Maybe that's why I love it so much!  


I know that the Lord will help me every day, as long as I continue to be His disciple.

No comments:

Post a Comment