Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day #10: The Magic of Christmas

Santa is a big deal.  He's the man! 

A big ol' jolly guy that brings you presents?  Legit. 

I remember when I was younger, the magic that came along with Santa clause.  I remember laying awake late at night (well what I thought was late... it was really only 9:30 pm) listening for the reindeer on the rooftop.  And then, incredibly, when I would wake up on Christmas morning, our family room was littered with toys!

This year, I have thought a lot about the children who won't be able to experience that Christmas magic.  It broke my heart. 

J and I are going to search for some way to help others out this year. 

Christmas is much more important the presents and feeling the "magic".  Yet, the magical part is still pretty wonderful.  Wouldn't it be great if everyone had a warm home, dinner, and presents this Christmas?

Let us do our part to "succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees."  -D&C 81:5

No comments:

Post a Comment