Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day #13: The Little Things

This post is dedicated to one of my newest friends-
For the sake of this post and future posts, we'll call her J.

Christmas time is a great time to learn more about the act of service. It's a perfect time to do the little tasks that generally refelct the final outcome, or the "big picture."  My companion is Sister Jensen.  She is pretty amazing.  Frequently, she takes a couple of extra minutes to wash my dishes, or make my bed.

It changes the entire attitude of my day.

She's service oriented, and I know she cares about me by the small things.



She's goofy but tactful, and keeps me on my toes.

Today in the car, she began singing me Christmas songs in this terrible, awful voice!

But, it kept us laughing the whole car ride.  She never fails to make me smile!

Every one that meets and knows her, knows what a dynamite missionary she is.  They also know how much she cares about others.  J is really good at listening to people.  She's developed an amazing talent of doing the "little things" that let you know she cares.

She strives often to be like the Savior-and I think she does a pretty great job!

I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending me great friends like J to lift me up, and to teach me how to lift others.  I'm excited that we have the opportunity to serve together during Christmas.  :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment