Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day #14: In the Arms of Mary

Perhaps more often we should look at the mother of our Savior.  Mary was humble, virtuous and obedient.  There are few like her.  I wonder what her mother and father were like. 



As I think of Mary, I think of my own mother.  She too is humble, virtuous and obedient.  She has given up much to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  What an example she is! 

I loved being held by my mother when I was young. 

One day when I was about 10 or 11, my Mom was telling me how much she loved me.  I don't remember exactly how the conversation went, but I remember her saying that some days she wishes she could wake up, and I would be that innocent little infant again who she could cradle in her arms. 
She told me how glad she was that I was a "big kid", but that some days she missed holding me as a baby. 

I can imagine that Mary, the mother of the Christ-child, felt a similar way.  As she watched her young son teach in the temple.  I'm sure she wept greatly, wishing she could cradle her child in her arms as they crucified the Redeemer of the world-her Son, Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment