Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day #20: Zone Conference

Today we had Zone Conference in Nashville Tennessee.  It was one of my favorite days.  Ever. 

Like one of the best days of my life!

I feel in a daze... I'm so happy.  I feel the spirit.  I know this Church is True.  I love the Bible.  I loved learning about our Savior Jesus Christ today.  I love the Book of Mormon.  I love that it testifies of the Messiah.

I learned so many wonderful things, but today I only want to share one of them.

(A special thanks to an amazing Mission President-President McKee for teaching us such great ways to cope with trial and pain)

This box has a bandaid in it.  This bandaid represents the pain, heartache, frustrations, and all the unfair things in life.  Some days, when we get out of bed in the morning, this is all we see...
the pain!



When we focus on the pain, that's all we see.

But if we take a broader view and look at the things we can accomplish and the blessings we have, then our perspective is changed.



We see a bigger picture.  Once we look for things we CAN change and we begin to look at the blessings we have, then it's easier for us to find even more blessings.

The trials we have are not diminished.  The pain is still there.  But we are focused on the good things in life.  We are focused on our blessings. 



We have the gift of choice.  Each day, we can choose whether to act to situations, or react.

This Christmas is a time to ACT!  Choose to act.  Avoid the tendencies we all have to look at the "down-side" of things.

"Just because you are in pain doesn't mean you need to be a pain." 

-President and Sister McKee

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Sister Valentine! This was one of the best experiences of my life too! It was so special. Perspective is everything. I know that all that is unfair in life can be made up through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this post!!! My favorite.

    ReplyDelete