Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day #23: Gratitude

As Sister Jensen and I were driving the other day, I realized all of the great and wonderful things I had been given.  My Christmas this year has been my favorite.  Heavenly Father is watching over me so closely, and I can feel him near.  He has blessed me with so much to make this Christmas sacred to me-though I am so far from home.

During the car ride, I was overwhelmed with emotion as I realized all the small things the Lord had done for me to make my Christmas perfect.  I was so overwhelmed with Love for my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I love him.  I know He is my brother, my teacher, and my friend.  He is the Master. 

As I said in the last post, there are two songs that I fell in love with this Christmas season from Josh Groban.  The first is "I'll Be Home for Christmas".  The second is called "Thankful". 

Somedays we forget
To look around us
Somedays we can't see
The joy that surrounds us
So caught up inside ourselves
We take when we should give.

Look beyond ourselves
There's so much sorrow
It's way too late to say
I'll cry tomorrow
Each of us must find our truth
It's so long overdue

Even with our differences
There is a place we're all connected
Each of us can find each other's light

So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though this world needs so much more

There's so much to be thankful for.

I am thankful today for the life and love of Jesus Christ. 

I'm thankful to my Mission President.  He is wonderful.  He is such an example to me of Christlike love and patience.  I am grateful to have his family here in Nashville.  His wife has become my second mother.  Their children are some of my closest friends.  I feel like family here.  I love their love for music. 

I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to play the violin a lot the last month.  I am thankful for ward members who have lent me music, instruments, and the opportunity to rekindle my love for the violin. 

I am thankful to my Singles ward back at home who put together a "Merry Christmas" video for me to watch.  I'm thankful for their love, prayers and support.  Thank you to the Lone Peak Singles Ward!  I love you and miss you.  I'm grateful to my bishop there who lovingly helped me to prepare for a mission.

I'm grateful to the bishop in my homeward-my Father, who has prepared me to serve a mission since the day I was born.  I am thankful for the Priesthood he holds and righteously exercises.  I'm thankful that he chose to serve a mission. 

I'm thankful for my sweet mother and other family members.  I'm thankful that I was able to spend time visiting with them over the phone on Christmas Day. 

I'm thankful for the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints right here in Nashville.  I'm thankful for their hospitality.  I'm thankful that they have taken Sister Jensen and I in to care for, love, and watch over during this Holiday Season. 

I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father.  Everything has fallen into place the way it should.  I know that there will always be challenges ahead.  But in the words of Nephi...
 "My God hath been my support."

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment