Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day #24: Christmas Eve

My Christmas Eve was incredible.  I had the opportunity to see someone who I love VERY much enter into the covenant of Baptism. 

Russell M. Nelson, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles had this to say about covenants:

"One of the most important concepts of revealed religion is that of a sacred covenant. In legal language, a covenant generally denotes an agreement between two or more parties. But in a religious context, a covenant is much more significant. It is a sacred promise with God. He fixes the terms. Each person may choose to accept those terms. If one accepts the terms of the covenant and obeys God’s law, he or she receives the blessings associated with the covenant. We know that 'when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.'4
(Emphasis added)


I'm so grateful for our dear friend who was baptized.  She chose to follow the example of Jesus Christ.  She is an example to her family.  Here she is pictured at her baptism with her sister.  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to get to know this amazing woman. 

It was a testimony to me that I am not alone.  Watching her courageous attitude reminded me that the Lord will always go with me.  I have made covenants and promises with him.  This Christmas I thought a lot about those promises.  I know that I have to choose to be with God again.  So I am choosing to follow Him.  My resolve to work hard, and do all I can has never been greater!  I hope I can keep this strength with me, because I know it is strength from Heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment