Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day #25: Merry Christmas

Christmas Morning came and went.  The day started out with an early phone call to my folks.  I woke my mom up...
Mom:  "Helllooo?"
Me:  "Merry Christmas!!"
Mom:  "Good morning...?"
     "Ah!  JOY!!!!!"
Me:  "Hi Mom!"
Mom:  "It's you!!"

We talked for a few minutes and scheduled a time for me to call back to visit with the entire family.  It was a wonderful way to wake up.  Sister Jensen and I opened our presents and went to two sacrament meetings.  It was eventful!  At the end of the day we had dinner with the Tolk family.  Marilynn Tolk is an amazing Concert Pianist.  There home has 4 gorgeous Grand Pianos.  I was able to accompany them on a violin I borrowed from my friend Chantel as we sang some Christmas Carols.  Our great Friend Rita was able to join us for all the festivities. 


I had a wonderful Christmas.  It was sacred.  It was beautiful.  It was the perfect Christmas.  I wouldn't have wanted to have it any where else. 

My thanks goes out to all those who take the missionaries in on Christmas and allow them to be part of their family for a day.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment