Thursday, December 29, 2011

FACE TIME



So... Last night I began to get bumps on the back of my neck.  My eyes started to itch, and I thought, "Am I having an allergic reaction?"  That, I knew was impossible.  I'm not allergic to anything!  But when we got home, I looked down at my legs, and saw red hives all over them.  I went to bed, but when I got up in the morning, my face looked like this...




What's the first thing I did when I looked in the mirror today?  Well, I laughed.  REALLY HARD.  It was so funny!  I looked like Quasimodo or something.  The entire morning I continued to laugh and laugh and laugh.  Sister Jensen and I took this picture, and I tried to be as serious as possible, but it was just too funny.


I have a testimony of funny moments.  I'm pretty sure the only reason I had this bizarre allergic reaction was because Heavenly Father wanted to give me something to laugh about.  I needed a little face time with myself.  It gave me a greater perspective.  When I'd look in the mirror, I would just crack up.  It reminded me that it's the little things in life that make us who we are.  If we stress over the little things, then we become a stressful person.  If we laugh at the little things, we become a happy person.  

I want to always be able to laugh at myself.  So this post is dedicated to all the pictures that make me laugh at myself.  I hope you enjoy!


 

My Blanche Glasses ($1.00 Folks!)

The squirrel named "Tub" that lives outside our apartment in Nashville
 

 
Moustaches
Bacon Bandaids


So remember, if you ever need a good laugh, make time for face time.  One on One with yourself, and just laugh about all the absurdities in life! 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! First, it made me smile to see a "you" moment. :) I got a flashback of math class and cracking up the entire time from some silly comment you said. :) And second, I love the whole point of the post! Laugh. Laugh until you feel tears down your legs. Just Laugh. It's the best medicine out there. :)

    ReplyDelete