Thursday, January 19, 2012

#1 & 2: Protection and Promptings

When I was little, I was afraid of the dark. 
(The previous sentence may or may not still apply today.)

My parents taught me to pray when I was scared.  I got in the habit of praying every night.  I worried that if I did not pray, then something bad would happen to me at night.  I prayed every night to be protected.

As I have gotten older, I became invincible.  Or at least that's what I thought.  I didn't need to pray for protection--I'm tough!  I'm a big grown up kid!

The past couple of weeks, every time I have prayed before we've left the house, I've felt the need to ask God to protect Sister Jensen and I.  The words just kept coming out every time I prayed, "Please protect us today..."

Now I know why.

God loves me.  How do I know this?  Because this week He protected me. 

While driving to an appointment on Tuesday night, Sister Jensen and I were stopped at a light.  I noticed she was parked a decent 15 or so feet behind the car in front of us.  I thought it a little odd that she would brake so far away from the car ahead of us.  Just as I was about to tease Sister Jensen for being parked a double-wide away from the car in front, we heard a loud bang as both of our seat belts locked and our heads slammed forward. 

We pulled over and got out to assess the damage.  A sweet little woman had rear ended our car.  Though Sister Jensen and I were a little shaken and our necks rather sore, our car had suffered little damage.  The impact felt hard, but we had been protected. 

I know God has been prompting me to pray for safety.  I know He prompted Sister Jensen to stop the car so early so that we didn't hit the car in front of us.  God loves me, and I know it because He protects me and He prompts me.

Side note:  I am grateful to my awesome friends in Nashville who continued to check on us to make sure we were okay!  (E.L., A.W., J.S.,)
And also for the great policeman that came to our aid.  Nashville Pride!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I'm glad you guys are okay. This is Sister Lasko (aka Eunice)

    ReplyDelete