Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Modest Moustache: Friends on Modesty


 "Knowing the kind of guy my dress attracts. If it was revealing, the guy would generally have low morals and low expectations of himself and me. But when I dress modest, I know his attention is on me and not my immodest apparel. His standards are also higher, so he'll treat me with better respect."

"Well for me, I know that dressing modestly prepares me for the Temple, and why would I so drastically change my standards of dress then? Just like we prepare spiritually, we need to be preparing in every other way to show that we understand and are ready to make that commitment. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful and blesses us when we make a diligent effort to respect our bodies in a world that makes it inconvenient! Plus, I could still keep the same cute clothes and not have to get rid of any--I will be avoiding a difficult transition :)"

Modesty helps me to remember the convenants that I have made with my heavenly father. It also helps the people you are around have a great respect for you. If you are dressed immodestly people tend to degrade your opinion they way that they feel you degrade yourself and therefore your opinion is not as valid. Mostly though it is because I love my heavenly father and I know that I would want to be dressed modestly in his presence.


To be an example to my girls and the youth. It is possible to be immodest, even after going to the temple. I also respect myself and want others to respect me, too.








Lately - my aging body ;o) Oh, and I heard this at church a couple of weeks ago. If you dress like a circus, you'll attract a lot of clowns. I think that sums it up for me.

One of the reasons I dress modestly is because it helps me love my body. In this day and age so many woman struggle with body image issues and body dysmorphic disorder. Why do you think that is? Because society has crazy expectations of how... we should look and in clothes that are too small, short, and revealing. If you ask me.. society has body dysmorphic disorder. Dressing modestly helps me not have unrealistic and crazy expectations of my body. Helps me love it for the way it is. Looking back on my life I have loved my body and felt the most beautiful when I was dressed modestly.
I'm motivated by the fact it's a challenge to find modest clothing :) seriously though, I dress modestly because I feel better about myself. I don't have to worry about showing too much if I have to go somewhere. I see all these girls/women who constantly have to check to make sure their clothes are covering everything to avoid an embarrassing situation.
Because I like to be able to say "modest is the hottest!!" Hahah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment