Monday, July 16, 2012

Feel Something

One of the most important things we can ask ourselves after we pray or read the word of God is, "Did I feel something?"  If we haven't, perhaps we need to pray a little more earnestly, or read more intently.

In past months, I felt my personal prayers were brief, and rather well, dead.  I wasn't feeling much when I was praying.  During a meeting, an Elder challenged each of us missionaries to go in a seperate room, where we could pray out loud, and talk to God about concerns we had.  I went into a secluded part of the building, and got down on my knees.  With a pad of paper and pen, I wrote down the thoughts and impressions that came to my heart as I prayed aloud to my Father in Heaven.  It was a sweet and beautiful experience.  Every night since, I have kept a notebook next to my bed, where I can write down the feelings I have before, during and after my prayers.

Doing this has brought me closer to my Father in Heaven.  It was helped me realize that I, Joy Valentine, have real potential.  Potential to become like Heavenly Father.  Potential to grow, develop, learn, and be eternally happy.  This knowledge has bettered my self esteem, and brightened my happy moments.

I know that if we take the time to pray and write down impressions, that each time, we will be able to say, "I feel something."  That something is the Holy Spirit of God.  That Spirit will always testify to us the things we must do to return to our Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment