Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nashvillians

Life has opportunities.  Some we expect, some we don't.  I've had an opportunity to live in Nashville for a little over a year.  It wasn't something I anticipated doing, but my experience here has been one of growth. 

One of my first days here, I sat in the car and cried.  I was so far from home, trying to teach a new missionary, knew no one, and felt so alone.  My companion and I turned to prayer.  As we quietly told our Father in Heaven that we felt alone, He prompted us to visit a young man.  The name popped into my head, and I began searching for his address in our lists of people to visit.  When we knocked on his door, we were welcomed in with a smile.  His brother was there and committed to make the covenant of baptism.  It was a beautiful night full of prayer. 

I was grateful my Heavenly Father had shown me where to go when I'd felt so alone in this city.

Photo Courtesy of Jaclyn Sampson

Since that experience, He has done this for me countless times.  Just when I feel lost, He directs me where to go. This has taught me to love everything about the Nashville city: the people, the buildings, the culture, the "Southern Hospitality", the faith of many other Christians... I love Nashville!

As I've worked and served with so many valiant members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I have been reminded of the many miracles that occur in each of our lives.  These Nashvillians have altered my views on many things, and drawn me closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for their example.  I'm grateful for their love.  I'm grateful that when I have felt alone, Heavenly Father blesses me with friends, though I'm far away from my home.



No comments:

Post a Comment