Friday, June 15, 2012

The Modest Moustache: Intro

The summer is here!  Guess what that means... it's time to review the Lord's standards on modesty. :) 

Too often the world teaches us to base our self esteem on the way we look, instead of who we are.  There is so much I have to write about this subject, so it's going to be a mini series.  

I titled this series of posts The Modest Moustache.   Why?  Because a moustache covers up your face.  It's cleanly trimmed, and neatly combed.  We should dress like a moustache.  We should be covered up, neat, and clean.

First, I wanted to start with this simple statement from the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...


Reading this made me reflect on some of my clothing choices previous to serving a mission.   Some of my experiences with the principle of modesty will be recorded in this series.  Other posts will be of things I found about dressing modestly that were unique.

 I hope that those who read will take caution in the way they dress and present themselves. 

2 comments:

  1. There's some cheese in my moustache.

    MODEST IS THE HOTTEST!!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EMENI!! Our body is a temple of God and being modest is a BEST way to show Heavenly Father that we Appreciate the bodies he has blessed us with.

    ReplyDelete